You are looking for information on the topic “python remove last line from file”. dongtienvietnam.com will gather information to answer your questions in this article. Please read this article to the end to find the information you want to see. You can also check out some other related articles here: https://dongtienvietnam.com/category/wiki/ Remove last line in string python, Remove line in file python, Remove empty line in text file python, Remove last character from string Python, Read last line of file Python, Delete character in file python, Delete first line of file Python, Delete last line of file Linux.
View information about the python remove last line from file
Information about this question
- Question: python remove last line from file
- Time: Asked 35 minute ago
- Modified: Asked 34 days ago
- View: 18925
python remove last line from file
To remove the last line from a file using Python, you can follow these steps:
- Open the file in read mode and read all the lines into a list.
- Remove the last element from the list.
- Open the same file in write mode and write all the lines except the last one back to the file.
Here’s the code:
with open('filename.txt', 'r') as file: lines = file.readlines() # Remove the last line lines.pop() with open('filename.txt', 'w') as file: file.writelines(lines)
In the first
with block, we open the file in read mode and read all the lines into the
lines list. Then, we use the
pop method to remove the last element from the list (which is the last line of the file).
In the second
with block, we open the same file in write mode and write all the lines (except the last one) back to the file using the
writelines method. This overwrites the original file with the updated contents.
Watch videos related to “python remove last line from file”
Delete A Specific Line From A File | Python Example
Images related to python remove last line from file
Found 6 python remove last line from file related images.
Remove last line in string python
To remove the last line in a string in Python, you can split the string into lines using the
splitlines() method, remove the last line using Python’s list slicing syntax, and then join the remaining lines back together using the
join() method. Here’s an example:
text = '''Hello World How are you?''' lines = text.splitlines()[:-1] # remove the last line text_without_last_line = '\n'.join(lines) print(text_without_last_line)
In this example, the
splitlines() method is used to split the text string into a list of lines, and then the last line is removed using slicing with
[:-1]. Finally, the remaining lines are joined back together using the
join() method with the newline character
\n. The resulting string
text_without_last_line is then printed to the console.
Remove line in file python
To remove a specific line from a file in Python, you can follow these steps:
- Open the file in read mode to read its contents.
- Create a new file object in write mode to write the updated contents.
- Iterate over each line in the original file.
- If the current line matches the line you want to remove, skip it and continue with the next line.
- Otherwise, write the current line to the new file.
- Close both files.
Here is an example code snippet that removes a specific line from a file:
filename = 'example.txt' line_to_remove = 'This is the line to remove.\n' with open(filename, 'r') as input_file, open(filename + '.new', 'w') as output_file: for line in input_file: if line != line_to_remove: output_file.write(line) # Replace the original file with the updated one import os os.replace(filename + '.new', filename)
This code reads the contents of
example.txt, removes the line that matches
line_to_remove, and writes the updated contents to a new file called
example.txt.new. Finally, it replaces the original file with the updated one. Note that this code assumes that the line you want to remove is an exact match, including any whitespace characters at the beginning or end of the line.
You can see some more information related to python remove last line from file here
- Delete final line in file with python – Stack Overflow
- Remove the last line from the text file in Python – CodeSpeedy
- Python Delete Lines From a File [4 Ways] – PYnative
- Remove last character from the file in Python – GeeksforGeeks
- python delete last line of a file Code Example – Grepper
- How to remove end-line breaks from lines read from a text file …
- Remove the Last N Lines of a File in Linux – Tutorialspoint
- How to Delete a Line from a File in Python? – Finxter
There are a total of 484 comments on this question.
- 143 comments are great
- 806 great comments
- 211 normal comments
- 61 bad comments
- 70 very bad comments
So you have finished reading the article on the topic python remove last line from file. If you found this article useful, please share it with others. Thank you very much.